Do you have an odor or damp must in your home? Have you noticed sneezing or congestion when you spend time in your home? If you fear there is mold in your home, you want it taken care of fast! Mold remediation services from Jonathan Wall Custom Homes provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions.
Our mold remediation services are designed to discover the source of the mold and eliminate it. Mold commonly hides inside walls and relies on moisture to grow and colonize. Sometimes you can see it on walls or ceilings, but often it grows undetected.
There have been studies that show potential links between mold and symptoms such as chronic coughs, watery eyes, rashes, headaches, and respiratory conditions. The existence of mold can reduce property values and disrupt real estate transactions.
Jonathan Wall Services
Real Estate Agents
When water is introduced anywhere into your property, mold growth can actually start in as little as 48 hours.
Consider these mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. They can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants and have the potential to cause multiple health effects.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
What is Black Mold?
Many common molds are black in color. However, the term “toxic black mold” refers to Stachybotrys chartarum. It typically grows on porous material, such as fiberboard, drywall, paper, dust, ceiling tiles, wood, and lint. The mold growth occurs when there is moisture from water damage, excessive humidity, water leaks, condensation, water infiltration, or flooding left in one place for a long period of time. Various types of black mold have the potential to cause health issues as well as damage to your home.
What Are The Signs Of Black Mold?
Black mold signs can show up in an indoor space in many ways. Do not ignore the warning signs! Mold is a type of fungi that exists everywhere, but not all black molds are toxic. However, you must do something about it because it will not go away on its own. You may also suffer from the following symptoms: Skin rash, Eye irritation, Sneezing, Headache, Sore throat, Runny or stuffy nose, Coughing, Itchy or watery eyes, Shortness of Breath. People with pre-existing health challenges, such as asthma and allergies, may be more susceptible to mold exposure.
What Causes Black Mold?
Mold thrives on moisture and in wet damp areas, so you often find it growing in bathrooms, kitchens, and humid basements. Visible mold alone is not an indication of the source. Mold could be the result of a single water leak, continuous moisture seepage, or even elevated humidity. A specialist like Jonathan Wall can identify the cause and advise you on making permanent repairs. Mold can substantially reduce property value. You can’t just scrub it away. The mold spores must be treated at the source.
Identify the source of the problem